Google

Monday, November 11, 2013

To start learning how to relax

Mental training 

Photo in a Swedish park: by Anette Svensson


I have recently started a Mental training course and the first task was to train relaxation.



Thoughts

I think it can be quite tricky to relax, even if I am better nowadays. Years of experience of life makes a difference.














This is what happened during my first relaxation exercise:

I lie down on the floor on a yoga mat. The relaxation cd is started and I can hear a voice speak. In my head I start thinking. 
"How tense is my hand? Do I tense it hard enough? Is this really a good way of relaxing your body? I am not sure if I will be patient enough to listen to all this. "

For a while I get quite relaxed but then I start thinking again.

"How should I breath? How much time is it left? I am not sure I can get very relaxed. I feel quite tense.
Can this really work? It should work, but I am not sure, will it really, really work? "


Now I have had time to relax some more times and some thoughts remain, but some have actually disappeared.

It takes time to learn something new. Repetion is necessary. I need patience to continue and finally I will feel great. I know it.



No comments:

Post a Comment