Google

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mindfulness - A life style

Mindfulness course 
Some years ago I attended a course in Mindfulness.

I thought it could be a good contrast to the stressful part of life.

It's very easy to think about the past and the future and forget about what we are doing right now.

Have you ever walked along a familiar street while being really in the present?

I would say it is quite often that this is not the case. You are probably thinking of where to go and this is your main goal.

After some times at the Mindfulness course I started to notice things around me in a completely new way.
I saw details of houses, I noticed small things which made a big difference when walking along a street I had been to many times.

Mindfulness is to me a way of staying "in the moment" and thereby leaving thoughts about the past and future behind. This make you feel better and enjoying the moment.

It's been great to me to focuse on "the now". The body is relaxed in another way.

I got an insight - when I meet people I want to stay there with the person not thinking about what happened before I met the person or the next thing I am going to do afterwards.

The thought of the next thing sometimes really ruins the moment with a person.

Leave the cellphone

I love it when people shut down there cellphones when meeting them. It is not so common though.
But I really love it when the cellphone has second priority and I get full attention.

Doesn't everyone want to be in focus?


One thing at a time

Focus on one task at a time, for example only write this text and not shifting between this text and a chat with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment